Are you looking for an exciting and varied role in the events sector? We are currently hiring for a Senior Events Assistant to join our in-house team at the Kent Event Centre.
The successful applicant will play a key role in taking bookings, building relationships with both new and existing clients and helping to showcase our flexible spaces. They will also assist behind the scenes with the planning and running of the Kent County Show and other events run by registered charity, the Kent County Agricultural Society.
Kent Event Centre
- To work closely with the Event Centre Team Leader in the organisation and implementation of the Kent Event Centre.
- Perform the role of Events Team Leader in the absence of the Events Team Leader.
- To work with existing corporate clients, providing quotations, arranging site visits, booking external contractors and any other tasks that result in the successful delivery of their event or conference whilst maintaining a positive working relationship.
- To research organisations, identifying new leads and potential new customers relevant to the Kent Event Centre.
- To liaise and build strong working relationships with internal departments and external contractors to ensure events and conferences run smoothly.
- To prepare detailed function sheets for events and conference clients including agenda times, coordinate with the hospitality team to ensure all food and beverage requirements are met, ensure all audio-visual equipment is in place and liaise with the operations team to ensure the venue is set up to clients’ detail.
- To assist in the management of the internal cleaning team, rota and scheduled tasks each week.
- To complete any other admin duty as required by the Event Centre Team Leader.
Kent County Show
- To assist in the administration in all aspects of the Kent Show
- To assist on reception as required over Kent Show weekend.
- To complete any other role as required by the General Manager/Events team Leader
- Respond to clients’ requests and general enquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Raise accurate and timely invoices for clients and contractors.
- To assist Hospitality Coordinator with Client events/conferences, this may include set up for events and assisting with hospitality as required.
- When required, be onsite or on call for event/conference clients, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Attend networking and industry specialist events as required as an ambassador for the Kent County Agricultural Society and the Kent Event Centre
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Event Centre Team Leader or General Manager from time to time.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Excellent administration skills
- Customer focused experience
- Proven experience within the events industry
- Proven sales experience
- Proven communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Relationship development
- Experience of using a CMS (Content Management System)
- Good Time Management
- Ability to work in a busy, pressured environment
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Good use of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Office programmes
- Ability to represent the organisation at events and exhibitions
- Use of databases
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience dealing with the general public
- Knowledge of the Agricultural/Equine industry
- Use of AutoCAD programme
- Proof reading
- Knowledge of outdoor events
- Educated to A level or above or with relevant experience
- Flexible and open to new ideas
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Logical and well organised
- Attention to detail
- Keen to learn and develop
- Willing to take on additional responsibility
- Prepared to be accountable
From £26,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Friendly, close-knit team